Tuesday 12 November 2013

Laura Mercier Artist's palette for eyes 2013 review and swatch

I wasn't going to get this palette at the beginning and then I saw this palette was on a lot of people's wishlist for sephora's VIB sale. People were raving about it and I want to know what the hype is all about. So I decided to go to store to check it out last friday and OMG! I love it! So I took an advantage of the vib sale and brought one home :p When I went to the store, they have at least 6 palettes in stock and apparently this palette was sold out later that day and it was out of stock online as well. Therefore, I am not sure if you can still get one of these from sephora :( Let's just hope they produce more because it is exclusively sold in sephora.

The colors in this palette are fairly neutral. The first row has 6 purple based shades and the second row is more brown based.Here are the 12 colors in the pan.



Here are the swatches for each color, 
swatches for first row ( from left to right, top to bottom) : sparkling dew, guava, african violet, plum smoke, kir royal and violet ink



swatches for second row: vanilla nuts, primrose, fresco, bamboo, truffle, espresso beans
 This palette consists of six matte shades and six shimmering shades. My favorite colors are fresco,african violet, bamboo and truffle. Fresco is perfect on the crease, african violet and bamboo would be great colors on the lid. My least favorite ones would be vanilla nuts ( It is not bad, but it is just not unique to me).
The bottom line: If you do find them in your local store, I do recommend you to pick it up. This palette is just so versatile, you can do a day or night look with it. All colors are nicely pigmented and last all day.

PS. I also picked up a Urban Decay Vice 2 palette during the sale (guilty!) will review it for another day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment